What is Architectural Design?
Architectural design is the art and science of designing buildings and nonbuilding structures. In the building architecture design is to create a living space to meet the need and demands in a creative way. In below we will be discussing the advantage of using steel in an architectural design building and few architectural design buildings using steel.
Why steel in Architectural Design?
The flexibility to express or conceal a building’s structural frame, either externally or internally is easy for the architect in steel and to create the customer designs. As steel is lightweight, foundation load can be reduced and retrofit in floor on the existing building, because of this cost and time is reduced .Steel provided the flexibility to repurposed the building structure in the future. Steel helps the artists to provide a signature and artistic look to the structure or design.
Type of Architectural steel structure:
- Skyscrapers: As Skyscrapers are tall buildings they use steel system structure in steel beams, frames, trusses and elevator shafts from steel-reinforced concrete.
- Long Spans: Long spans steels are used in construction of the stadium ,as steel gives a massive interior with long clear spans supported by steel frames , trusses and space trusses.
- Cantilevers: Cantilever is supporting steel structural used in the building construction which has an horizontal structure beam extending over the foundation or the top floor. Steel and steel-reinforced concrete cantilevers can extend to 40 times length but whereas concrete cannot as it can be extended up to 1.5-2m.
- Finishing: As stainless steel is used as framing material for doors and windows as it’s elegant and futuristic cladding materials.
Few Popular Steel building around the world:
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai
- The Empire State Building, New York
- The Eiffel Tower, Paris
- The U.S. Steel Tower, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- The Shun Hing Square Tower, Shenzhen, China