A large building or room designed like refrigeration to store goods or products in a surrounding environment that is below the outdoor temperature is referred to as a cold or cool store. These kinds of cool or cold storage are used for storing degradable food items like fruit, vegetable, meat, and seafood as on.
Cold storage Classification:
The cold or cool storage is divided into large, medium, and small storage based on the room space or storage captivity.
- When the room space has the capacity to store more than 10,000 tons of goods it is referred to as large-scale cold storage.
- In medium-sized cold storage, the room size has the capacity to store 1000 to 10,000 tons.
- Whereas small cold storage has the capacity to store products or goods below 1000 tons.
As various products need to be stored in different temperature specifications below mentioned are list.
- The temperature for the high-temperature storage space is -2 ℃ to + 8 ℃.
- When the temperature for the cold storage space is -10 ℃ and -23℃ its refer to as Medium-temperature storage space.
- For the low-temperature cold storage, the temperature is maintained from 23℃ to 30 ℃.
- Quick-freezing or ultra-low cold storage has a temperature of -30℃ to 80℃.
Benefits of Cold Storage Building Using Steel:
- The time taken for the construction of the cold storage using steel is a concise and quick construction process.
- When cold storage is constructed using steel it can be used quickly leading the enhanced economical benefits.
- Larger space can be utilized for prefabricated steel cold storage buildings and steel buildings can reach a height limit of up to 20 or 30 meters.
- The rate of utilization is very high in steel cold storage buildings.
- The flexibility in steel structure is that the size factor such as height and width can be adjusted.
- Streel Structure cold storage has a very high turnover rate.
- Cold storage structure with steel are more environmentally friendly and saves a lot of energy in terms of recycling and very low construction cost.