PEB stands for Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) where components are builded in the factory or in a different location and then they are all assembled on the site. PEB is usually used in the steel structure , that is an alternative way for the steel building structure.
List of benefits For Using PEB in Steel Buildings:
- They are cost-effective , as less space is required for the construction process where much of the work is done at the factory.
- As only assembly is done in the site much or the time is saved .
- When extensions have to be done for the existing steel building it can be done easily without any interruption in the work and not much change to existing structure.
- Steel structure offers a wide design option from an architectural perspective and steel is versatile in characteristics.
- Properly planned steel structures constructed using the PEB last long in terms of durability and the quality of the steel structure as well.
- As steel is resistant to rust and corrosion it’s easy for maintenance and results in less maintenance cost.
- As steel can be recycled , it is eco-friendly and companies willing to incorporate green construction for the next project can use steel structure.
- Using PEB in the construction process results in the speedy construction process and less manpower at site.
Different Steel Structure Members:
- Primary Frame.
- Secondary Structural Elements.
- Roof & Wall Panels.
- Sandwich Panels.
- Other Accessories.
Components of PEB:
- Rigid steel frame in the construction of the building is referred to as the main framing or vertical columns.
- The horizontal rafters are supported using the end wall rafters.
- To give the desired shape steel coils are welding , as Z-shape for purlin and C-shape for eave struts.
- To reduce the forklift’s traffic an effective space utilization crane system is used for the handling of the materials.
- Roofing sheets are painted with permanent color as well as painted with anti-corrosion insulation materials.
- Construction of the sub-floor in the middle of two main floors is referred to as the mezzanine system.
- As painted steel is used to make the finishing process fast and easy.
Reason to For PEB Buildings:
The main reason to move from the traditionally conventional building to PEB buildings is that they provide us with design customization , durability of the structure , cost-effectiveness , saves time and sustainability. It’s an era of steel going up with the latest technology construction.
With precise coordination in the steel construction using PEB methods Infragreen Pongalur , Tirupur in Tamilnadu gives extraordinary results in the steel structure or buildings.